Bundaberg Rum Solera is the crowning masterpiece in the Bundaberg Master Distillers’ Collection. The finest and most intricate rum
and testament to an unwavering search for true perfection in craftsmanship.
The complex solera process begins with the finest aged dark rum reserves, carefully matured in selected rich port, full-bodied bourbon and sweet sherry barrels. When ready, these beautiful matured rums are then expertly blended and further aged through a solera process in our famous vat 36.
This rare rum is proudly released only when the Master Distillers’ Collective deem it worthy of bearing the Bundaberg Master Distillers’ Collection Solera label.
The solera system ensures this special vat is never more than half – emptied, allowing the rum blends created inside to live on forever, gaining in complexity, character and legend over time.
Flavour Notes: This meticulous maturation process unleashes a complex, sweet, and exquisitely smooth rum, with notes of vanilla, fruitcake and butterscotch.
- Winner of World's Best Dark Rum 2017 World Drinks Awards London
- Gold Medal Winner at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Closure: The oak closure, inspired by the aged wood used to build vat 36, houses a high grade cork stopper that delivers what we consider a perfect acoustically engineered ‘THOOOP’ each and every time it’s unfastened.
- Bottle: Made of premium quality glass, the rectangular design was inspired by the iconic square MDC Bottle heralding proud, square shoulders.
- Label: At the bottle face, ‘Solera’ has been hand-written and foil stamped in a high build electric gold that shines as bright as a Bundaberg summer sunrise. On its side, a hand-written, hand-torn and hand-applied label houses the tasting notes of the Solera batch, and an individualised bottle and batch number unique to its owner.
- Gift box: Each bottle arrives with a hand designed outer case inspired by the hard crafted look of well worn leather. Complete with ‘worn edges’, this sturdy companion is reminiscent of a long loved Gladstone Leather Carry Case your Dad used for work.